Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Want to be Good

Lately I've had this fire ignited within me. I don't know what set it off (still trying to figure that out), but I have a burning desire to be good.
   With all the chaos, wars and just down right wicked things that are going on, I want nothing more than to be an influence for good in this world. I want to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and I want to live my life in a way that I always can be. I want to be in tune always and see everyone around me as our Savior does. I so strongly want to serve! Because I know in doing so I will develop a great love for those I serve. The more I serve, the more I will see people as Christ does.
   I want to immerse myself in the scriptures and share with the world the wonders of the Gospel. It is beautiful! There are so many blessings promised us if we just do what is asked. And NO ONE is exempt from those blessings. How great is our God?! He, being our Creator, has given us everything. And yet will continually give us more if we stay true and faithful.
   I want to develop my talents. Specifically my musical talents. I want to perfect my cello and violin playing so I can invite the spirit wherever I play. I want to compose and arrange my very own music and eventually create an album. I want to share the Gospel through music and invite the spirit into homes everywhere. And I want to live in such a way that I can compose and arrange with the influence of the spirit. I know my musical talents are a gift and I want to share my gifts to help share the Gospel and build the kingdom.
   I want to be a good wife and mother. I want to be a strong companion for my spouse and support him in being the Patriarch of our home. I want to raise my children in truth and righteousness. I want them to stand strong in this wicked world. I want to live in such a way that they will have no doubt what they stand for and why. I want our home to be a sanctuary. A place where our kids can get away from the things of the world and feel safe. I want them to know their infinite worth and that they are deeply loved by their Heavenly Father and Savior.
   I want to be who I was foreordained to be. I want to be Heavenly Father's best. I want to DO good. I want to BE good.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D LOVE YOU TOO!

      Delete